Public Policy Committee
Committee Leadership Team:
Chair: Mike Raso, PineBridge Investments
Vice Chair: David Levine, Groom Law Group
Jeremy Blumenfeld, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
Chris Boran, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
Derek Dorn, TIAA
Mike Husson, Goldman Sachs Asset Management
Joan McDonagh, Empower Retirement
Fred Stewart, LCG Associates
The DCIIA Public Policy Committee provides a forum to educate the defined contribution marketplace on policy issues and to foster dialogue between policy makers and industry stakeholders. It brings together a diverse group of industry professionals, including: investment managers, insurance companies, consultants, record keeping and trust companies, plan sponsors, law firms, academia and others focused on improving outcomes for American workers by advocating the application of sound policies and solutions.
The DCIIA Public Policy Committee’s mission is to:
- Educate policy makers on issues related to DCIIA's mission and core beliefs.
- Facilitate and coordinate correspondence and communication between DCIIA members and policy makers.
- Frame the industry and public dialogue on policy issues to improve retirement outcomes for participants.
- Encourage industry communication with regard to public policy matters that will improve outcomes for sponsors participants.
- Engage in activities that will foster awareness and understanding of public policy issues.
- Establish partnerships with other organizations and retirement professionals who share our core beliefs and goals to improve public policy outcomes.
- Become a resource for communication and education on the full range of public policy issues.